Trail Running

|
This week I decided to use my roommate as a model for me. I had him sign the release forms before we went on the photo shoot. The snow made this project really difficult for me, because I did not know where I could do this project that could work out well, yet I didn't want to go to a place such as the rims where someone could easily slip.
In the morning at late sunrise, we went out and I had him jog around some places down our alley and a few other streets. This was not to interesting to me, and I felt like there was better options out there. We decided that he would run inside the ditch next to 13th and Poly, so I could obtain a more interesting viewpoint. With so much snow around, the exposure was sort of difficult for me to get, and there was some instances where I really blew out the highlights in the snow, which I know is easy to do. Because of this, I decided some of the photos were better edited in a different color format such as black and white, which would keep the white snow, but really show the contrast with the runner.
I feel some of these photos show a different angle, which enhances the photo by making it more unique. It was interesting to try and figure out how I could make some of these shots work, and trying to be creative. It was good practice to take me out of my comfort zone. I feel that the more I do in this style will be able to help me progress and overall be a better photographer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment