Anne Frank Inspiration

|

I realize this is not really an assigned topic to write about, but for my first entry here I feel this would be a good start to the year, while also being applicable to the class. I read this quote the other day by Anne Frank...



"Finally realized that I must do my schoolwork to keep from being ignorant, to get on in life, to become a journalist, because that’s what I want! I know I can write ..., but it remains to be seen whether I really have talent ...

And if I don’t have the talent to write books or newspaper articles, I can always write for myself. But I want to achieve more than that. I can’t imagine living like Mother, Mrs. van Daan and all the women who go about their work and are then forgotten. I need to have something besides a husband and children to devote myself to! ... I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I’ve never met. I want to go on living even after my death! And that’s why I’m so grateful to God for having given me this gift, which I can use to develop myself and to express all that’s inside me! When I write I can shake off all my cares. My sorrow disappears, my spirits are revived! But, and that’s a big question, will I ever be able to write something great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? "

-Anne Frank



I read this the other day and it really got me thinking. This girl wanted to show people joy even though she does not know who they are. She wanted to create a movement with her words and passion. To me I want what this girl was looking for. She loses her sorrow through writing, even though she cant leave a tiny hiding spot in fear of being killed by the nazis. By expressing herself through her writing, she is Revived! She has hope, in one of the hardest times to live. She has faith that she might someday be able to share her words with others.
I am revived through the art of photography and guitar. These two passions of mine allow me to show myself and with them I feel I can make a change. A simple photograph of a child playing can bring joy to one that seems to be lost in sadness. A simple melody can change someones heart in an instant and change the way they want to live their lives.
Anne Frank wanted so much in life, and by sharing her story through her diary, we now know the horrors that she had to endure while in hiding, yet she maintained her passion of writing to help deal with her emotions. I believe photography is a way to deal with these emotions. By expressing myself with my artwork, I can show people how I was feeling at that moment. With these photos I take, I am able to be remembered for the emotion and feeling I had during the moment the shutter is closed. With music, a note can be stronger than a thousand words if played correctly.
I have a dream like Anne Frank did, to continue to try to pursue my passions and to be remembered for what I did, to create a movement, and to move people with my life. I can truly and gladly say that I am grateful for GOD blessing me with my passion of these forms of artwork and his kindness to allow me to do this. I am thankful for Anne Frank, for at least in my opinion, she has moved me with her words, and millions of others. She has created a legacy with what little life she was able to enjoy. My question is... What is your dream? How can you be remembered?

1 comments:

Maggie said...

Great post! I hope that you can achieve all of your goals with these things! And I'm always here to help if you need ;)

Post a Comment