Blown out colors

|
During the reshoot of the trail running photograph, I have noticed that my camera has been blowing out reds and oranges to a point that the photos are not useable, because their is no definition in the area. I have added some photos of what went wrong. These are not good photos, but it gets my point across of what has been happening.
The photos both has some major problems color wise. They are both under exposed a little bit, but the main thing I wanted to point out is the shorts in the left picture has the blown out spot, and the orange hat in the right picture is really blown out.
There may be a few things that I figured could cause this. There was a vivid setting selected that i found that may have created this, but i doubt that is the main cause. I have turned it off and reset my camera to all defaults and after that the reds still seemed to have a problem. Some other blog posts made reference to Nikons all having a problem similar to this. I will need to go out some more and test it as soon as possible.
I dont know how to load them on here, but the historgrams from my camera show a spike red on the edges. This shows the blown out portion of the photo in this color. I am going to shoot in raw and post photos of how these turn out so that I can try and make adjustments.


0 comments:

Post a Comment